With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, instead of reaching for candy and flowers, kick start your beloved’s day with a a romantic Valentine’s Day Breakfast with Heart Omelets and Bacon Roses, not only showing your love for them but for their health, too!
Valentine’s Day is our most favorite holiday because it’s also our Wedding Anniversary! This year (2021) we’re celebrating 18 years of marriage!!
While this breakfast looks difficult or complicated, it’s extremely easy. Even easier than making a traditional breakfast since everything is BAKED and can be made ahead of time!
These bacon roses will definitely be the highlight of your Valentine’s Day Breakfast. Ray and our niece Caitlyn, were so bummed out when I told them they couldn’t eat them, because I had to photograph them first!
I was inspired to makes these adorable (and delicious) bacon roses after seeing my friend Tracy’s HOW TO MAKE BACON ROSES AND STRAWBERRY HEARTS FOR THE PERFECT VALENTINE’S DAY SALAD post. If you don’t follow her, you should. She’s amazing, I seriously wish we were neighbors in real life.
Not only is this a great Keto Valentine’s Day Breakfast for your special someone, it’s also great for your kiddos. You can even pack up this for a fun and nutritious surprise Keto Valentine’s Day lunch.
And if you’re looking for a Healthy Sweet Treat; Try my Dark Chocolate Truffles, Keto Salted Almond Bourbon Truffles, Instant Pot Low-Carb Cake with Raspberry Butter Cream Frosting or my Frozen Keto Raspberry Cheesecake Bites!
I remember that my mom would do cute things like that for my lunch, heart shaped sandwiches and special treats snuck into my lunch. My friends were always so jealous.
All the supplies you’ll need for this cuteness overload are conveniently listed/linked in the recipe below.
Valentine’s Day Breakfast with Heart Omelets & Bacon Roses
Baked Heart Omelets
Heart Canadian Bacon
- 3-6 slices Canadian Bacon
- 3 slices bacon
- fresh spinach
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the Heart Omelets: Spray silicone heart cupcakes with avocado oil spray, place in a pan.
- Lightly saute omelet veggies in butter until soft. Divide equally between the hearts.
- Top veggies with cheese equally.
- Beat Eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Pour over top cheese/veggies.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set and no longer runny.
- Heart Omelets can be made up to 3 days in advance and reheated in the oven before serving.
- Bacon roses: Roll each slice of bacon and place in the silicone cube tray. Bake 350 for 30+ minutes, checking often or until crispy but not burnt. Remove hearts and allow to drain on paper towel. Can be made up to 3 days ahead. Reheat in oven.
- For the Canadian Bacon Hearts: Use cookie cutter to cuts hearts out of the canadian bacon. Reserve until ready to serve, can be made up to 3 days in advance. Heat in the oven.
**This post was originally published in 2014 and updated in 2021