Ok so last night I made Crispy Artichoke Hearts with Horseradish Sauce for dinner. I didn’t plan on them being an appetizer or side dish specifically, to be completely honest, I just made them so I could take a picture of them for this post. I made the over the weekend for the first time on a whim and they were so delicious and felt that I NEEDED to share this simple & healthy recipe with all of you ASAP….
The funny part is that when Ray came home from work, he started snacking on the leftovers on the cookie sheet while I was taking the photo. and he LOVED them. Ray likes most things but artichokes aren’t really his favorite until NOW! He kept raving about how good they were and he ate most of them, which even surprised me.
So, of course I’m sharing the recipe with you because Crispy Artichoke Hearts with Horseradish Sauce are just THAT GOOD. Seriously delicious.
And I’m not going to lie, I’m making a double batch for dinner tonight.. and am planning to My Addictively Delicious Horseradish Sauce as a drizzle over leftover shredded venison neck roast in lettuce wraps too.
The artichoke hearts are seasoned and crispy, delicious on their own… but… BUT when you dip them into the horseradish sauce BOOM! POW! it really is a flavor explosion in your mouth 🙂
I’m sure you’ll have the same thoughts as we did, what else can we put this sauce on? We’re betting it would be delicious on Grain Free Battered Onion Rings (recipe is in my cookbook Without Grain) or even as a dip for veggies!
I can’t wait for you to try these and let me know what you think!
Crispy Artichoke Hearts with Horseradish Aioli
- 3 cups frozen artichoke hearts (1 - 12 ounce bag)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Homemade Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh squeezed
- My addictively delicious Horseradish Sauce <-- get the recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Cut open the bag of frozen artichoke hearts; drizzle in olive oil and lemon juice, shake to coat hearts well. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and black pepper, tossing again to mix.
- Arrange seasoned artichoke hearts in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake in the middle of the oven at 425 for 45 minutes, stirring several times during baking, until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven, hearts will crisp up further as they cool. Transfer to a plate and serve with chilled horseradish sauce as a dip.