Meatball Noodle Soup
I LOVE soup! And being on the GAPS diet to heal my leaky gut (click HERE to learn more) has inspired me to become more creative with my soups! My Meatball Noodle Soup is amazingly healthy – no grains, no gluten, GAPS, 21DSD and Whole 30 Friendly. Before you get started making the soup itself, you need some Homemade Beef Bone Broth – Click HERE to get my recipe. Whenever you are making soup, it should ALWAYS start out with Homemade Broth, not only does it taste better – it is also super healthy! Once you’ve got your homemade beef broth made, you’ll need to mix up the meatballs… The simmer the meatballs in 2 cups of your homemade beef bone broth – I like to use a skillet with sides 🙂 After you’ve made all you meatballs and they’ve simmered until done – add in the rest of your soup ingredients Add spaghetti squash to your bowls just before serving – they make amazing noodles!
For the Meatballs:
- 2 cups bone broth (chicken or beef)
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 2 tablespoons Ghee or butter
- 1 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Egg YOLK(s), Organic Pasture Raised
For the Soup:
- 6 cups bone broth (beef or chicken)
- 1 medium Spaghetti Squash* Cooked as scraped from the shell
- 4 Mushrooms, Sliced White Button or Shiitakes
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 1 medium carrot peeled & chopped
- In a small skillet sauté 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion in ghee until soft.
- Combine sauteed onions, ground beef, parsley, sea salt, pepper and egg yokes - mix well
- In a large skillet with sides or large pot - bring 2 cups of broth to a simmer. Drop small tablespoon sized meatballs into the simmering broth, cook until done
- Add 6 cups of beef broth, mushrooms, onions and carrots to the simmering meatballs.
- Simmer soup until veggies are done.
- Serve with Spaghetti Squash in each bowl (I do not recommend adding it to the soup itself since it can easily overcook and become too mushy)
This soup kicked BUTT! Everyone in the room wanted the recipe so I searched for your blog again and will be sharing 😉 Thank you!
Great recipe. Also, did you know the blood type diet may help with your leaky gut? It has helped with several of my physical challenges and after a decade of following the food lists – highly beneficial/neutral/avoid – I would NEVER go back to eating foods that are on my avoid list dozens of times a week. It is a very simple concept. Allergens cause inflammation
and blood type helps identify which foods to avoid.
I am really impressed with your writing skills as well
as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you
modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality
writing, it’s rare to see a nice blog like this one these days.