I LOVE soup! And being on the GAPS diet to heal my leaky gut (click HERE to learn more) has inspired me to become more creative with my soups! My Meatball Noodle Soup is amazingly healthy – no grains, no gluten, GAPS, 21DSD and Whole 30 Friendly. Before you get started making the soup itself, you need some Homemade Beef Bone Broth – Click HERE to get my recipe. Whenever you are making soup, it should ALWAYS start out with Homemade Broth, not only does it taste better – it is also super healthy! Once you’ve got your homemade beef broth made, you’ll need to mix up the meatballs… The simmer the meatballs in 2 cups of your homemade beef bone broth – I like to use a skillet with sides 🙂 After you’ve made all you meatballs and they’ve simmered until done – add in the rest of your soup ingredients Add spaghetti squash to your bowls just before serving – they make amazing noodles!
Meatball Noodle Soup
For the Meatballs:
- In a small skillet sauté 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion in ghee until soft.
- Combine sauteed onions, ground beef, parsley, sea salt, pepper and egg yokes - mix well
- In a large skillet with sides or large pot - bring 2 cups of broth to a simmer. Drop small tablespoon sized meatballs into the simmering broth, cook until done
- Add 6 cups of beef broth, mushrooms, onions and carrots to the simmering meatballs.
- Simmer soup until veggies are done.
- Serve with Spaghetti Squash in each bowl (I do not recommend adding it to the soup itself since it can easily overcook and become too mushy)