I guess I’m pumpkin obsessed just like everyone else 🙂 It’s the cool fall air that’s got me craving everything pumpkin… Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling, Pumpkin Chia Pudding and now Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream!! All great ways to enjoy our favorite taste of fall.. PUMPKIN! You’ll see in my recipe 2 unique ingredients; Gelatin and Vodka.. these add-ins help keep your ice cream scoopable from the freezer – if you’ve ever made homemade ice cream you know it has a tendency to get rock-solid after freezing, this will help prevent that from occurring!
- In a small sauce pan, combine all ingredients except vodka.
- Heat over medium/low and whisk to combine - You just need to lightly heat everything so that the coconut sugar dissolves.
- Transfer your (warm) ice cream base to a lidded jar or covered bowl and chill 8-24 hours - until completely cold
- Freeze/Churn chilled ice cream base with 2T vodka in your ice cream maker (click HERE for the one I recommend), according to the manufactures directions
- Serve immediately or transfer ice cream to a freezer proof container and freeze
- Top as desired or Enjoy plain!