Pumpkin Pie Kombucha
Even Kombucha can get into the holiday spirit with the delicious flavors of Pumpkin Pie!
When you are done brewing kombucha (first fermentation), it’s time to bottle your brew and reap its rewards. Bottling is often referred to as “the second fermentation” because this is when kombucha gets its well-known fizz that’s similar to soda. The flavor combinations are endless, so feel free to experiment.
- 4 cups Kombucha (single ferment)
- 2 tablespoons Canned Pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 Liter Bottle
- Add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, and sugar to your bottle
- Fill with kombucha, leaving at least 1/2 inch of headspace, depending on the shape of the container.
- Cap tightly and shake gently to combine.
- Allow to ferment 3 to 7 days or until kombucha is carbonated to your liking.
- Move bottles to refrigeration for storage.
- When you are ready to drink it, open carefully, without shaking, to avoid spilling the bubbly kombucha over the top of the bottle.
- Strain kombucha through a small strainer in order to remove ginger and any clumps of pumpkin pie spice. Serve cold.
Is this for one bottle or mutiple?
Sabrina – the recipe specifically states 1 liter bottle.