Yes, I’m doing it again, I tried to warn you… Today I’m sharing yet another delicious recipe featuring summer’s bounty of Chanterelle Mushrooms! This time it’s my Chanterelle Crab Corn Chowder, it’s so easy to make and is a creative way to enjoy Chanterelles!
And as an added bonus, this delicious soup features real food that’s seasonally fresh at the same time you’re picking those beautiful chanterelles; the onion, celery, garlic, thyme and potatoes all came from our garden and the sweet corn from a local farm.
If it grows together, it goes together, right?!?!
This Chanterelle Crab Corn Chowder is summer in a bowl!
It’s so pretty too, right??
Add some gluten free crackers on the side (or one of my Chanterelle Herb Biscuits) and a glass of chilled dry white wine… the same wine you’ll use in the soup.
If you are looking for the BEST & Healthiest Wines, I suggest Dry Farm’s Wine, it’s the only wines I drink.
And I LOVE my wine.
I’ve been exclusively drinking Dry Farm’s Wine for over 6 months. No more headaches, no more gross ingredients or supporting damaging farming practices!
I get 6 bottles of white and 6 bottles of red each month; I’m always prepared – wether it’s a glass of wine with dinner, a impromptu get together or a gift dinner at a friend’s house (it’s bad manners to show up empty handed!)
Oh and one last thing, this recipe is naturally gluten free.. instead of using a flour based thickener, we rely on the potatoes simmered in the broth with cream and cheese to give the soup body instead of a gummy-faux-thickend mess.
- 1/4 cup Organic Grass-Fed Butter or Ghee or reserved bacon fat
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 rib chopped celery
- 2+ cloves Garlic
- 2+ cups Chanterelle Mushrooms can be left whole or chopped
- 1 tablespoon New BAE Seasoning
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2+ cups yukon gold potatoes cubed
- 4 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 pint Heavy Cream
- 6 ears fresh corn on the cob
- 2 springs fresh thyme
- 1 pound fresh or canned lump crabmeat or claw to save money
- 4 ounces Organic Cultured Cream Cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Sea Salt
- White Pepper
- Cut corn off the Cob, set the corn kernels aside and reserve the Cobs.
- In a dutch oven or heavy bottom pot, sautee onion, celery and garlic in butter until soft over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and New BAE seasoning, cook until all liquid is evaporated (2-3 minutes).
- Add dry wine and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until (again) the liquid is evaporated.
- Add cubed potatoes, thyme, chicken broth, cream and corn COBS. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through. (by simmering the corn cobs in the liquid you are extracting extra corn flavor, don't skip this step!)
- Remove thyme springs and corn cobs from the pot.
- Add corn kernels, crab meat and cheese, gently stir. Reduce heat to LOW and cook just to melt the cheese, lightly cook the corn and heat the crab meat, roughly 5 minutes. Season with sea salt and white pepper to taste.