With my DIY Homemade Aromatherapy Necklace you can take a pretty little personal diffuser that goes wherever you go!
The jewelry itself is made out of a natural clay that can absorb essential oils. You can make any type of jewelry you desire: earrings, necklaces, bracelets, pendants, beads, etc. Once the clay is sculpted and dried, you can add the essential oil or blend of your choice to the jewelry. The oil absorbs into the clay and allows you to smell and experience the power of essential oil aromatherapy throughout your day.
Here’s how I make my Essential Oil Aromatherapy Neckalces, but you can use this same technique to make car air fresheners, Christmas ornaments, key chains, and more. They make wonderful presents as well:
1. CLAY – I’ve tried several brands and THIS BRAND is the only one that I found that works well. Roll out your clay to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick..
2. Cut your clay into the shape desired….
3. Make a hole for the string of your necklace
4. Allow your clay diffuser pendant to air-dry 12-24 hours … or I speed up the process by putting them in my dehydrator for 2-4 hours at 150 degrees F
5. Using a Nail File or buffer, remove any rough edges and smooth as needed.
6. Hang your diffuser pendant on a necklace of your choice (I use waxed cotton thread) and apply 1-2 drops of essential oil.
Allow the oil to be fully absorbed before wearing so that the oil does not get onto your clothing.
Now, wasn’t that totally easy!!! Now you can enjoy aromatherapy anywhere you go 🙂 The scent will last 1-2 days you can then reapply the same oil or once the scent is gone – change oils!
When you are not wearing your diffuser, store it in your closet or dresser drawer to make your clothing smell wonderful too!
These are also a great way to use my Scent Away Hunting Spray (only don’t dilute it and just use the essential oil blend right on your Aromatherapy Necklace before heading out into the woods!