The average American woman puts between 12 and 20 chemicals on their skin 365 days a year. Sounds shocking, right?
Are you aware/concerned about the ingredients in your beauty products?
But stop for a moment to think about what your skincare routine involves each and every day: shampoo, soap, lotion, cosmetics — the list goes on.
Your skin is your largest organ, absorbing up to 60 percent of what you put on it. But even more shocking — and upsetting — is the fact that 80 percent of the ingredients that are used in daily personal care products have never been tested for safety. The laws governing the cosmetics industry date back to 1938 … and haven’t shifted since
Gregg Renfrew, founder of Beautycounter, has set out to change that. As Renfrew overhauled the items in her home and on her kids, she realized that when it came to beauty products, what was available either lacked in efficacy or were a little too “crunchy.” The more she realized, the more she felt that, as a consumer, she was being duped by the cosmetics industry.
Renfrew set out to speak to a chemist to understand what labels like “natural” and “safe” really mean. According to Renfrew, those labels mean nothing. Consider this: The European Union has banned 1,300 chemicals that are used as ingredients in beauty products. The US has only banned 11.
So what is the biggest offender? Lotion. “People are so concerned with avoiding pesticides in their food by eating organic, yet they slather chemical-ridden lotions all over their bodies,” Renfrew said.
Beautycounter has created a “NEVER” list of ingredients that they avoid at all costs, including animal fats (found in soaps, shaving products and lubricants); benzophenone, a possible human carcinogen found in sunscreen and nail polish; and formaldehyde, a human carcinogen found in shampoo and body wash and more.
Beautycounter is all about transparency. The products are chic and effective (all are vetted by natural beauty expert Christy Coleman) and they list every ingredient on the label, which is not required by law (and many companies don’t disclose all ingredients).
Moreover, Renfrew is dedicated to the idea of empowering women through commerce. Beautycounter products are sold person-to-person, much like eBay. “We believe our story is best told person to person. We want to build a company that’s financially successful, but we are a social mission. We took the best of that independent sales force model and married it with social media.”
Are you ready to make a change to Safe Skin Care & Make-Up?
I fell pretty hard & fast for Beautycounter‘s ideals and products. While I’m passionate about healthy eating and natural living – I also want products that work like the department store brands I’ve used in the past.
It doesn’t matter how perfectly natural or organic a product is, it must perform as well as (or better) than the conventional product you’ve been using.
We’ve all been there – you grab the most perfectly natural substitute but you’re bummed out because it’s just not the same.
Or you start trying to make you own products in hopes of coming out with a dream combination that finally fits the bill – only you quickly tire of not only cooking meals but also cooking up beauty products!
Inevitably you’ll either go back to the toxic products of the past or spend TONS of money trying different products looking for the perfect fit (which I’ve done both over the past 10 years!)
What I LOVE about Beautycounter‘s products is that they are equal in quality & performance to a high-end luxury brands BUT they don’t contain dangerous toxic chemicals.
And to be honest with you, their product line isn’t huge, so you’re not going to be overwhelmed with options. They’ve taken so much guess work out of product choices, they have simple & effective products that you can trust.
And with Beautycounter products a little goes a long way – so although they aren’t inexpensive, what you buy will end up lasting you a very long time.
3 Ways to Shop Beautycounter:
Now that you’ve learned a little bit about Beautycounter and their products that I love – I’m sure your wondering “What’s the Catch?” right???
Honestly, there’s no catch.
Beautycounter is NOT a MLM (multi-level-marketing) company – it is a DIRECT SALES company. Beauty counter products are NOT available in any RETAIL STORES. Meaning that instead of selling their products in ‘stores’ and giving them a percentage of sales, they prefer to sell directly person to person.
Just like going to big box retailers like walmart/target to buy brands like revlon/cover girl or Macy’s for Estee Lauder – when purchase Beautycounter products you can interact with real people like me, who are passionate about their mission are here to help you (instead of a corporation).
You’ll work directly with a private individual (aka consultant) for help with orders, color selections, product testers, etc.
There’s 3 ways that You can Shop Beautycounter:
- Customer – It’s pretty self-explanatory, right? Click any Beautycounter link on this page and do your shopping.
- Join Band of Beauty – for a $25 annual membership you get a bunch of awesome perks including: Free Shipping on all orders over $100, for every $300 order you’ll receive $25 in free products and exclusive product package offers.To become a member of the Band of Beauty you will have the option when you place your first customer order. Click any Click any Beautycounter link on this page and do your shopping.
- Spread the Beautycounter word as a Consultant – If you are passionate about safe skincare and want to help other people clean up their beauty routines, you can become a consultant; Beautycounter Consultants enjoy many benefits, including the ability to purchase products at a 25% savings. The Career Plan pays up to 35% commission on retail sales and allows Consultants to earn bonuses and override commissions based on sales and recruiting requirements. Consultants also have the ability to earn special incentives, including trips, exclusive Beautycounter items, and access to invitation-only events.It’s entirely up to you how you work with customers – you can spread the excitement of Beautycounter on your blog or social media (like this), just with your friends/family/coworkers, host at home Beautycounter Social Parties, etc. they sky is the limit. There are no sales minimums or silliness associated with MLM scams.To Join as a Consultant:
- Click this link and then click the menu option Join as a Consultant.
- Enter your email and other required info to create your account. It will say Choose a Mentor and give you an option for the default, which is “BeautyCounter HQ.” Under that, click Select a Different Mentor and put in my name Hayley Ryczek in the first and last name section.
- Add your Enrollment Kit into your cart – this is the package they require you to purchase if you want to be a consultant.
- You can optionally add one of the special Enrollment product packages to your shopping cart for a discounted option. (I didn’t get a kit, I bought random products and regret it. The kits are a great deal and I recommend getting one.)
- Finish the enrollment page and place your order.
Want to Learn More about Beautycounter & their Products?
If you’re local (southwestern PA or Morgantown, WV areas) I’d love to help with your Beautycounter product selection personally – I’d love to work with you privately, we can schedule a time for a Beautycounter Social with a few of your friends to try out our products or I can even provide you with a selection of products to try at home for a few days.
If you aren’t local, we can ALWAYS do a BeautyCounter Facebook Social Event, too!
I’m here to ensure you are getting exactly what works best for you!